Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Day After....

Thursday, November 01, 2012 Halloween, in the past, has been just another day. My kids have never really been big on Trick or Treating. November 1 is usually the day that the kids and I go to Walmart or Walgreen's and each person buy their personal favorite candy by the industrial bag and take it home and pig out the next week or so.
Well this year I bought one bag a week prior to, and let the teenager get it after I took my initial 5 pieces and yesterday I had 1 bite size Snicker and that was it. I'm so proud of myself because I love chocolate and caramel! I had two beef chili dogs and at the end of the day I was still 5 points from using them all. Now that was a direct violation of my kidney diet, but I don't do that often, so...*shrug* I had to go pick up the kid from school because he's dizzy. I'm pretty sure because he didn't stay hydrated at the skate park last night. Well I used that time, since I had to buy him a small arsenal of Gatorade anyway, to stock up on lunch options. Michelina's lite meals are on sale right now for $1!!! I'm stocking up because they are actually pretty good. I came back to the office and configured the point value for everything I bought and labeled them, so I know ahead of time what kind of snack I want to have for the morning and afternoon. My choice for lunch today was a Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast. Taste-wise, it wasn't bad. I don't add salt to my diet, so it was just fine for me. The sodium in the gravy evened it out. To me though, there was too much gravy and not enough turkey. One good thing about the kidney diet is that I need extra protein, so yay meat. I'm topping off my meal with a mug of Lemongrass green tea, with a teaspoon of Splenda. I've been sipping on it for about 20 minutes now and I'm almost stuffed. Seems to be a good fullness tactic. I'm really excited for next Wednesday to come around so I can see the fruits of my nutritional changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment