Saturday, November 3, 2012

A New Day

Original post January 4, 2012 I'm an overweight dialysis patient. They do not give overweight dialysis patients kidneys. Not even if they are young, single parents. So I thought I'd get a quick fix. I had the lapband surgery back in 2009. I dropped 20 lbs in the preliminary time period for that. They want you to lose weight on your own, in the beginning, to prove that you're serious about losing weight. Surprisingly, that was the easiest weight loss I've ever experienced. So the surgery was performed and the next thing I knew (a year later), I weighed 84 lbs lighter. The lowest I weighed in my adult life. With that great weight loss, came a drop in my blood pressure. Dizziness when I stood up. The day I figured out that was a problem, I'd passed out and hit my head either on the bathtub or toilet. I had a traveling hematoma that left me looking like Kung Fu Panda for a few weeks. That weight loss was beautiful, except by the following November, I hit a plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment