Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm No Claire Huxtable but...

I surely know how she felt on the episode where she goes on a crash diet in order to lose enough weight to fit into an old dress. It's one of my favorite episodes because it is one of the rare times Phylicia Rashad's sister, Debbie Allen, was on the show (Season 5, Episode 9-If the Dress fits, Wear it). In the particular scene I am thinking of, Claire had just been allowed croutons in her salad, for the first time since she'd begun dieting. Debbie's character had 7, Claire had 5 and she wanted her extra crouton! LOL The scene played out in my head as I counted out my 5 croutons for 1 point as I made my lunch. One of the challenges of being a kidney patient and trying to lose weight at the same time, is that sometimes you have to decide what diet you want to stick closer to. Just in case you're interested http://www.davita.com/kidney-disease/diet-and-nutrition/diet-basics/dietary-protein-and-chronic-kidney-disease/e/5302 I know I need more protein in my diet right now, so I sacrifice points per meal by adding more protein. I had an 11 point salad today, 6 of which was grilled chicken. I think fat free dressings are gross too, so I will sacrifice the amount of dressing I use, to keep my flavor. Here is my 11 point salad (which looks really small in the picture) with the point breakdown.
Grilled chicken breast - 6 oz = 6 points Iceberg, Romaine, red cabbage mix- 2 1/2 cups = 0 points Kraft Ranch dressing- 1 tbsp = 2 points Kraft Catalina dressing-1 tbsp = 2 points Large cut garlic and cheese croutons - 5= 1 point I will have a low point dinner tonight. An eggbeater on low cal bread and a tablespoon of Miracle Whip Light and fruit for a nice 5 point meal. Enjoy the clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment