Saturday, November 3, 2012

I Survived the Weekend!!!

Monday, January 09, 2012 I thought the weekend would be hard since I had all day to think about food. Turns out Saturday night I had to eat a dessert and a fruit to get all my points in. Sunday, because I sleep later, and actually slept right through the breakfast hour, I still ended up with 11 points at the end of the day. To that I say, things will get better. I can feel a lot of fluid on me, which is probably a result of the Smart Ones meals. It's challenge enough dieting, but when you have to factor in the kidney diet, it get crazy. Somehow I lost my phosphorous binders, so I have to order some more. Phosphorus is in almost everything we eat. It isn't bad for the normal consumer because your kidneys filter it out of your body. When your kidneys don't work, it stays in your body until you dialyze. When there's an overload of phosphorus in your body, it can calcify your arteries. I'm usually pretty good at doing what I should kidney diet-wise, but all the Smart Ones I've consumed the past couple of days, I noticed the whites of my eyes are yellowish. I need to go back to making fresh meals and not the frozen ones. This is just temporary, to get into the groove of things. I weighed in this morning and was more than my starting weight, but then I realized that I have a whole weekend of fluid on me, so it will be more accurate after dialysis tonight. So many challenges, but with God, nothing is impossible and I have faith that I will meet my goals and I can't wait! Two main things I want to be able to do again is wear heels without feeling like my body has broken down at the end of the day and I want to run. Not the little fast shuffle scoot that I do now, but I want to take off running maybe to the end of the block, with no pain. Maybe race my kids and challenge them on the basketball court like I did when they were little. I'd venture to say that I'd even like my youngest to teach me how to ollie and flip kick (<------those are skateboarding terms). Psyche on that last one! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment