Friday, November 9, 2012

Chicken on my Mind

Contrary to what the stereotype would have you believe, I'm not a huge fan of fried chicken. I prefer mine baked. But when I opened my eyes this morning, I wanted some fried chicken wings and I knew where I wanted them from. Now Popeye's isn't that far from my office, but I swore off a lot of fast food places. While Popeye's is good, I kinda like my chicken plucked BEFORE it's fried. Well I wasn't really hungry at breakfast, so I had some juice and a yogurt. It was Yoplait Greek 100. I was NOT impressed. I'm a fan of Oikos yogurt and when I buy Greek, I want it thick, like pudding. I think this is just Yoplait in a shorter, fatter container. I saw the rave reviews it got here and I didn't agree at all. It's just ok. I had fruit for a mid-morning snack, but today was the first time in a long time that I was HUNGRY. As I looked back at my tracking, I realized that my breakfast was just 4 points. I need to stick with a GOOD breakfast so I can stay full. My weigh in day isn't until next Wednesday, but I have to weigh when I go to dialysis. I weigh when I get there and I weigh again before I leave. When I left last night, I was VERY pleased to see that I am down 4.18 lbs at week 3. Now that doesn't seem like very much, but understand, unlike most people who can flush their bodies by getting in their water, I no longer urinate, so what I drink stays with me until dialysis. Now that I have changed my mindset to fit losing 1 lb, however many I ultimately lose, 1 lb makes me very happy. Lunch today was kind of a mish mash of things. I still had a craving for that darn chicken and I was determined to fight it. I decided that if I'm going to have a "treat" day, I wouldn't be on the weekend, it would be on a day that if I gained more fluid than normal, I would have time to lose it. So Tuesday it is. I ended up eating a small baked potato with salt and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (1 tsp), 2.7 oz of ground beef and 1 tsp of shredded cheddar cheese. Not something I would normally have, but I needed to get that protein in. It was filling. I'm sipping on my after meal tea now. That seems to help me stay fuller longer. Not sure if I'll pop in over the weekend, so you have a great 3 day weekend and honor a Veteran!

No comments:

Post a Comment