Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm Back

Monday, February 20, 2012
The last time I posted, I'd just found out that my father had pancreatic cancer just 7 days before. He went into the hospital on January 14th. He died on January 24th. I think I stuck to my plan up until about the 18th. I'm not sure what I weigh. I haven't paid attention when I go to treatment, but I know I need to get back on again. I am an emotional eater and during the days following the funeral, I ate, ate, ate. There were so many things to choose from, it was pointless to try. I was very close to him and though it was very hard for me to go through those last days with him, I wouldn't trade them for the world. In September my parents remarried after two decades of being apart and I joked that I'd been his daughter longer than my mother had been his wife. That was in the beginning, when I thought he'd just have a couple of surgeries, get chemo/radiation and go home. Never in a million years would I think that I'd go into February without my Daddy. Today is the day I get back on track...

No comments:

Post a Comment