Friday, September 5, 2008

You ARE the Bad Ass Kid

I was just over on 360 going through my sister Bella's posts and as I responded to one, I realize that even though I thought I was pretty good as a child, I may very well have been a Bad Ass Kid!

Here are just a few incidents that support that. LOL

I was about 2 when I came sliding across the hardwood floors at my grandfather's house, covered from head to toe in vaseline yelling "shit!" every time I lost my footing.

In 2nd grade I decided to "trim" my bangs in school and the ponytail of the girl in front of me.

In 3rd grade, me and a friend decided we'd had enough of school for the day, so we went waaaaaay back by the nature trails at school (after a good rain, mind you) and started "fighting" on the kickball field, rolling several times in a big ass mud puddle.  We were muddied up from hair to the soles of our feet and we got sent home for the day.  It was YEARS before my mom knew we'd done it on purpose.  My friend and I laugh about it to this day.

While everyone was outside during a block party, I defied my mother and skated down the hall (hardwood floors again) in my metal skates that went over my shoes, except I did it barefoot and busted my big toe on the air conditioning vent.

I was in probably 5th grade when my cousin was chasing me. I ran into the back door and slammed it behind me. My cousin's hands went right through the glass, spraying it all over both of us.

I think the last ass whoopin I got from my dad was the same year.  There were these cool crystals that you could throw into the fireplace and make the flames turn green and blue.  Well I piled a bunch of it on a plastic dinner plate in the middle of the basement floor and set that bitch on fire.

Don't act like you don't have any stories.  Get ta talking!

36 comments:

  1. Yep you was a bad azz kid.ROFL..I was the little "angel" ROFL..noooooooooooo I did some things that my mom beat my assss on !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how you can even question that lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok you was one bad sumofa bytch!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg... We really ARE related...

    I found all my auntie's barbie dolls from the 50's and 60's... one of them had hair that grew... (you turned a crank in her back)... I cut it.

    I got busted @ 10 reading from my father's copy of "the Joy of Sex" while i was visiting them one summer...

    My grandmother watched me doing a "indian rain dance" in the rain from a porch window and when I came home she beat me with a flyswatter in front of my best friend. She still has that joker and the handle is taped together from where it broke during the beating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine the whooping that resulted from this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it amazing that you lived to tell about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. U just as bad now as u was back then *feisty ass*... LMAOOOOO

    The sliding across the floor yelling shit had me HOWLINNNNNN, and the crystals on the plate *dead adamgin* (remind me to keep scissors and matches, and vaseline away from you)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you didn't run and leave the house with the fire still going like my nephew did lol. If I hadn't gone into the room and seen it ABLAZE the whole house would have burned down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, there was also the time my grandmother served me vegetable soup.... which I refused to eat. I managed to locate a ziploc bag, into which I poured the soup, and hid the bag in a file cabinet full of school/office/art supplies we had in the basement. I waited a few days and snuck it out one morning before I went to school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah those of us that did that know what you mean by "trim"
    Mine was cut real straight and wayyy too short..I got a good ass whoopin for that lol

    I wasnt the bad kid , even though I wanted to see how fast paper burned so I put some in the bathroom heater when I was about 8. Damn near burned the whole house down and was only supposed to be in there taking a bath smh

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only thing that was wrong with me was my mouth (on occasion). I remember one time, my Mom asked me what I was doing and I said "What does it look like?". You can guess what happened after that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was an exemplary child. Seriously, I was a calm, gentle. quiet and softspoken bookworm of a child that RARELY did anything wrong. My little brother on the other hand was a completely different story. In fact of the 4 whoopings I got in life he was responsible for 3 and I just got it cause I was there. I was like "But I didn't do anything", but he made sure I went down with him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't bad ...lol

    I couldn't stand my lil sister. When I was about 10, I read this book about Aids. My lil sis was born a premie, she had to have a blood transfusion at birth. One day my sister made so mad. I told my sister, she had aids and she was going to die!! She was about 6. She bust out crying. She kept hollering she was going to die..lol My mother came out of the room. I walk away, smiling. My mom finally calmed her down.. I got my first and last ass whuppin!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I was playin' with my Barbie and Ken dolls at home one day. Well "Ken" must've said something to "Barbie" she didn't like because out of my mouth came Barbie's rant of "SH*T NAW"!!!! Now, my MOUTH was MOVING, but I don't think my MIND had fully comprehended what I said because in comes my DADDY looking at me like I was crazy saying "WHAT DID YOU SAY"? SO my reply was "I said SHOOT first"!!!! So my Daddy says to me "I'm about to turn your ASS the same color as these walls" (which happened to be PINK) and he commenced to beat my ass!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to fight a lot. I had a lot of mouth as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dee I had more mouth than you have ass. I have mellowed in my old age.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you forget who you were talking to?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Then don't act surprised that I went there. You know there are very few places I won't go. Now don't you? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. uhh baby...Can we have at least one conversation that doesn't turn sexual?

    ReplyDelete
  20. By not thinking of each other sexually.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's kinda hard when we're talking about sex on another page...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a freak because I got what you were saying?

    ReplyDelete