Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Damn Muthafu**a, why?

I know that's a catchphrase for much later in my trip, but it's fitting for my traveling day to the DC Invasion...

I got to the Milwaukee airport about 4:40 and sat at my gate, waiting for the sun to come up when I realized that I had only printed out half of my boarding passes.  I had the one from Milwaukee to Boston, so I went to the agent to ask her to print my other pass from Boston to BWI.

She said well, I could do that, but I have a flight about to leave in 5 minutes, that's a straight flight and I'll go ahead and upgrade you to business class.  Ok, cool. 

She calls down to the luggage and explains what my suitcase looks like, so they can switch planes.  In the back of my head I'm thinking, I did curbside check-in.  My shit is probably all the way in the back...

Anyway, the flight was beautiful and I touched down at BWI at 8:44 am instead of 1:55 pm.

I stood and waited at the baggage claim until the same two little red cases kept passing me by *Damn muthafukka why?* and I realized my bag went to Boston...

I go fill out the form for my lost luggage and catch the bus to the car rental terminal.

I stand in the Hertz line, papers in hand and I get up to the desk and hand them to the clerk, who then asks for my credit card.  I hand it to her (mind you, this was already paid for through Hotwire, right?) WRONG!  They wanted an additional deposit above the rental price.  Guess what?  I didn't have it.  My kids started school the week before and uniforms and school supplies ain't cheap.

So I go sit in the terminal and try to gather my thoughts.  I sent a text out to 4 folks and Unka B called me within seconds.  He asked what happened and before I could get it out good, got totally overwhelmed and started bawling.  He told me it was gonna be alright, he was gonna make a phone call and call me right back.

Less than 5 minutes later, Unka O was on his way to get me.  I was frustrated, overwhelmed, tired and felt like shit.  So I sat on a bench in the passenger pickup area til he got there.  I coulda kissed him (then I probably couldn't have gotten rid of him  j/k) when he got there because I hadn't even met him before and here he was picking me up.

Looking at the pic above, I must've fallen asleep in the car *eye roll at O for snapping the pic*.  One of my best friend's Mysteeque texted me asking if everything was cool, I let her know I was in good hands, when O looked at my cell phone and said "Damn, I didn't know they made rotary cell phones!" *punk* Just because I don't have a crackberry...pfft.

Anyway, he delivered me to my hotel safely and into the hands of my girls.  Yes, I was rockin the hell outta my Obama shirt through it all!

To be continued...(and pics posted later)

37 comments:

  1. how in the hell you going to do a damn ...to be continued.......the hell woman.

    looking for the duster...lmaoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz I got too much damn work on my desk and my camera's at home! LOL You'll be back *grabbing the flogger in retaliation*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww, I hate when that happens! LOLOLOL I am soooooo glad that it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! It is good to know that our friends are there! Glad you made it through all this in one piece Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thank goodness for the uncles! that was really cool for uncle O and B to take care of you like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, you ask?? Because the Devil is always busy, that's why.

    But everything went as it should have - I'm glad that all turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everything turned out well and I can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for the Uncles taking care of you, as well as your girls showing you a good time on your trip. I can tell that you have a "family" love for the crew and it is SOOOO blessed to see everyone show so much love to one another. Glad you made it THERE and HOME safe and sound sis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pics dammit, PICS! lol

    girl it all worked out in the end... You had fun, and created some memories and left with a few new friends...

    ReplyDelete
  10. GLAD U MADE IT SAFELY TO WHERE U WAS GOING.GOOD TO SEE THAT THERES STILL GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know i hated not seeig you this go round...but there will be a next time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. U know Im rollin my eyes at this story right... and u know why..... all i gotta say is SUCKKERRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  13. ditto... things went JUST as they were meant to... and you came thru with flying colors and some fond memories...

    I'll see you in a side bar in a few... lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your best friend Mysteeque? Where my scissors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I aint wanna say nuffin TNP....

    *passin the scissors*


    uh.. love you Dee! you too Mysteeque!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well you got her name all in bold I know what you doing you ain't slick!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. *lookin innocent.....* all this fuss ova lil ole me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. well, Sis... I'm either Fallin The Fuck Out or Feedin The Fat Otters...

    which do YOU prefer?

    *Thunderbirds are GO!!*

    ReplyDelete
  19. please say it wasnt the hooker joint....

    ReplyDelete
  20. F-ing Hertz. Next time say you work for a large company so they can apply a discount. Or better yet, next time text me so I can smack the woman over the counter and steal her car

    ********************************peeling out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the shirt...hate ya had such a trying time...But overall...I'm sure you enjoyed most of your vacation...Hugs for great Family...MASALA

    ReplyDelete
  22. *whispering* I liked riding with O...he has great taste in music and great conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's good you had such helpful Uncles!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh shoot, I didnt get to meet you...maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. DAYUMMM! Talk about a helluva day! I'm glad you still had a blast regardless!

    ReplyDelete