Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes: Gas Prices

I normally fill my car up on the Saturday or Sunday of pay week and this week was no different, but I had hella errands to run because I missed a whole Friday due to some personal stuff.  By Sunday, I was down 1/2 tank of gas (ACK!), so on Monday evening, I decided to go ahead and fill up again at $3.57. 

Well, actually I was gonna wait another day because the prices here are different almost daily, but my son encouraged me to go ahead and do it because they occassionally have a trick up their sleeve and gank us.  (The day gas usually rises in on Wednesday and then constantly drops the rest of the week).  So I did *all the while in the back of my mind I'm thinking "What the hell does he know?"*

Well, I'm on the phone Tuesday afternoon with my .......not sure what to call him just yet, but I'm on the phone with MY  (cuz he makes me happy and he's romantical *damn I hate that stuck* and I love talking to him) *FOCUS DEE* ....and I notice the gas sign I just passed had a 9 on the end and I'm thinking, "Dang, you coulda held out for 3.49!". 

I get further down the road and can't believe that in one day's time it's jumped .22!

I've long suspected that we have some of the highest prices around.  We're downstate from Chicago and they're prices on everything should be higher because it's a bigger city, but we're almost always right i<-------->i (eye to eye, slow folks) with them and it pisses me off.

I think our gas was even higher than the DMV area yesterday!  Sheesh!

Do your prices jump like that?  What are you paying today?

 

And Go Barack!

8 comments:

  1. same as you girlie..its disgusting... but bump the gas prices.. i need info on that other tidbit you just dropped. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I get it... I have been dating this guy for a while and I think I'm too old for a boyfriend... and saying "my friend" is quite inappropriate...

    Ok... I know I am ALL off topic... lol

    (not even trying to THINK about gas prices down here in Arkansas.... smh)

    Obama in '08!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my car's been in the shop this past month, so luckily i havent had to deal with the escalating prices, but in two days i saw one spot go from $3.47 to $4.07

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paid 3.63 last week and yesterday I checked the same station and it went up to a ridiculous 3.93!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back up to $3.59. Had gone down to $3.51 for about two days. Today I was watching the news and they are now talking gas prices going up as high as $5.00 or more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Baltimore.. I think I paid $3.73 near the Walmart in Glen Burnie for MIDGRADE last night.... That's definitely higher. I have a friend in the Chi who is paying close to $4 for regular unleaded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep I heard the same. It's not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im almost glad they are taking a long time with my car LOL I dread these prices

    ReplyDelete