Monday, May 5, 2008

Trickin it out

I was just on Bella's 360 page remembering the Big Wheel, but man oh man, when I graduated to my blue banana seat bike with the handle bars with the streamers and the little straws on the spokes, basket and horn? You couldn't tell me SHIT!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I had a playing card clothespinned to the frame so it would snap every time the spokes went over it.

**That's not my bike up there, but just one I found for visual purposes.  Tell me...how did you trick your bike out back in the day?

3 comments:

  1. I had a yellow banana seat Schwinn. I had the playing card like you. Once, I crushed a little 25 cent (hug) juice container and put it between the frame and my back tire. It made a nice sound...kinda like a motor cycle. i also chromed out my spokes with aluminum foil...AHHH MEMORIES!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. my age must be playin tricks on me cuz I cain't even remember my upgrade from the big wheel. But girl lemme tell u what...... I had so much fun on that fucker. I can remember blazin down the middle of the street with my friends on theirs. All of us in a race, and we hit the finish line and turn that front wheel all hard and spin off, sliding in on the side stroke... that shit was fun. We did that so much that some of us actually wore a flat part onto the a few of th wheels. LOL...thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete