Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Bestest Mother's Day Card I've Ever Gotten *edited*

I'm not real big on commercial holidays and I'd just as soon that folks don't go out and spend a ton of money on gifts for me (well, you can for Christmas and my birthday, lol), but the gifts that mean most to me (I appreciate them all) have some thought behind them.

If you read my Mother's Day post, you know I wasn't having the best day.  Well my son (the 10 year old) forgot to give me the card he made until the end of the day, but I wanted to share.

He put in some work too...

Of course it says Happy Mother's Day Mom.

 

Then I opened it and there were all these pictures.  *blank look*  So then he starts at the top.

That's a cd and music notes because you like music.
The think with the line through it was gonna be a brain, but I messed up and made it an orange, cuz you can't have oranges.
Then there's a present because you like to give people gifts.
You can't have orange juice either.
You work hard for your money.
(I love this one) You make a good key lime cake *hee hee*
You can't have french fries either
You're anemic
You love pineapple
You have good handwriting
You love to be on the computer
It's a brain cuz you're smart
And a heart because you love us

Then you have the thermostat in the middle.  It says 40 below zero because you're waaay cool!

 I was no more good!

I just wanted to share!

9 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL!!!!

    Homemade cards and gifts are the best. I'm saving all my boys' handy-work and placing in a scrapbook so when they become too cool to hang around their old stinking momma, and I can look back and reminisce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, dang!!! that is sooo sweet and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called my grandmother and you would have thought I'd have hung her for dead 20 years ago... "This is a surprise" WELL DAMN, G!!! I always call on her birthday and Mother's Day if no other time (I'm not big on holidays anymore either)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, especially the 40 below part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey when the babies put their all into something, there's no greater gift! Glad he made your Mommy's Day better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    lol, that was sweet.

    ReplyDelete