Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Couldn't Make All This Shit Up... **UPDATE**

Well, as you know, my keys were on top of my building...I went to the office the next morning and spoke with the property manager who let me know that there were 7 air conditioning units that had broken down and were priority (we have ONE maintenance worker for the whole complex).

I told her that was fine, but I was concerned that it would possibly rain and ruin my keyless remote.  She said that she'd washed her keys in the washing machine and it still worked.  I was like heffa, so what! I still don't want them getting rained on.

The day goes on and it's gnawing at me that my keys are up there where *YUCK* birds are!!  By late afternoon I really have an urgency to get my daggone keys somehow.  Well, I go to the office to check the status of things, hoping maybe they took about 5 minutes to go up and get them.  No such luck.

So, I did what I always do...Went to my dad's (in my blue jean skirt, no less), traded my car for the Silverado, put the 18 foot ladder in the back and headed home.

When I got there, I decided that I could do it, but my son has me by about 5 inches and his wingspan was an advantage.  So, I carried to ladder up to the third floor landing and set it up and then went and got him and told him to take the broom up and get my keys.  Of course, he's afraid of heights, so I had to pep talk him all the way and tell him to only look up.

Ya'll know I wasn't about my let my child fall, right?  I'da caught his 225 lb ass if I had to, LOL.

Anyway, we had the keys in less than 5 minutes.  I let him gather himself after he got off the ladder and I very politely carried the ladder back down and loaded it back in the truck and headed back to dads.

I called the maintenance guy and let him know I'd gotten my keys.  That hella storm you east coasters got last night?  The very storm that would've taken my keys who knows where if they'd have stayed on that roof.

I don't necessarily WANT to be an independent woman, but dammit, I HAVE to be! 

 

Independent [Featuring Lil Boosie and Lil Phat] - Webbie

29 comments:

  1. *mouth open*

    Ok, this is what you miss when move across the country. Ummm, Butters...I mean, Deedles, how'd your keys get on top of the building?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! We do what we gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U go girl...get them keys!! Arent daddy's the best...*given hugs to dad*!

    A sista gots to do wut she gots to do.....

    Oh...the paper boy through my paper on the roof..can u come and get it????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Applause to your son for momentarily overcoming his fears for his Mama! I hoped you cooked him his favorite meal that night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spoken like a New Yorker babe...
    " you are either the problem or part of the solution, pick one "?

    Either way we're not waiting fo your az to decided !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cook? Nah, not that night, lol. I did offer to go half on some shoes he wanted (not needed) though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, when your daughter makes you blow your top, grab it on the way back down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, hot damn! That sounds like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. U go girl... do what you gotta do and dont wait for nobody.... Ol lazy bastids coulda BEEN went and got them keys....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl... I aint mad at you, cause if I had a Silverado and a ladder it would have been ON AND POPPING....

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl, do your thang.... how much you wanna bet the maintenance man didnt even get the message about your keys... triflin-A rent office people....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Da hell he didn't! I called him at home! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you got your keys down. But I must point out that if your son actually got the keys down doesn't that take a little away from this whole "independant" thing *ducking lol*

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go girl!!! It would have been DAYS before you got your keys back had you kept waiting for the maintenance folks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so proud of you Deedlebug.


    Pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ^5 Twin! Nice job. I COMPLETELY feel you on not WANTING to be independent, but having to be. We do what we have to do to take care of business.

    ReplyDelete
  17. **giving Mike the evil eye**

    ReplyDelete
  18. You go girl....handle yo shit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOU DID THAT GIRL!!
    I dont' blame you one bit. Now stop throwing stuff.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. AMEN to THAT!!!!!

    Dayum shame, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. well I guess the Great Kazoo was busy. Prolly was bangin Wilma anyway. I know where your keys woulda went, lol RICHMOND VA, ROFLMLAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh...did I type that outloud?? MY BAD......SMOOCHES!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. MMM Hmmm *thinking of a good gag wedding gift*

    ReplyDelete