Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Liar, Liar ~ commentary related to the repost

First off, Mona has a really identifiable post today about being with someone you know you shouldn’t. Check it out. http://amonamoment.multiply.com/journal/item/105/Sex_Exclusivity_and_I_Saw_the_Signs_?replies_read=12

Now back to lying... Big lies, little lies, white lies, lies of omission and half truths...they’re all the same to me.

I have to be honest, in grade school I lied alot because I wanted to fit in. I pretty much stopped by high school, mostly because there’s nothing worse than getting caught in a lie because, and I quote Mona’s response to the previous post “I have lied before and had to look like a damn fool because of it.

Now I try my damndest not to lie because once you get seen as a liar and ppl note you as they..thats a hard category to come out of....the title of liar will cling to you for a long time”

Now that’s not to say that I only tell the truth now because there are cases when I don’t think someone can handle the truth or I really want to spare their feelings. I still feel bad about it though.

With that said, liars really get under my skin.

Even worse, liars who after they’re caught in the lie, still won’t own up to it. I’ve gotten to the point that when something is awry at home, I don’t even ask about it because if I do, I’ll only get the half of the story that makes the teller favorable or the standard ‘Ida know’.

Then I have one literal mufukka under my roof that realllllly pisses me off. If you don’t ask a question or make a comment EXACTLY how you mean it...for example:

Me: Did you go to bed at 8:30 like I told you to?
Him: Yes
Me: Then why is the tv on at 11:30 and you’re eyes wide open?
Him: You didn’t tell me to go to sleep, you just said go to bed.
Me: *thinking to myself, Lord, PLEASE help me not to knock the flying snot outta this child* CARRY YOUR ASS TO BED AND FALL THE FUCK ASLEEP!!!

Now I get this almost daily on some level and oft it’s ended with someone getting popped in the mouth because I can’t stand a smartass either.

Now the liars who don’t own up to it even though their shit has blown up in their face? I have no tolerance for.

Case in point, my co-worker took it upon herself to tell the rest of our staff and the second floor (another office) that I’m on dialysis. Believe it or not, even though I’ve told all of you, there are many in my day to day life that don’t know, mainly because it’s none of their business.

So when they all started calling me and offering sad sentiments I was like WTF? How do you even know? Three people told me the same thing. E... It took me 4 days to calm down enough to confront her.

She came downstairs to see how I was feeling:

E: Do you feel ok? You should go home.
Me: I feel fine.
E: You’re awfully quiet. You haven’t said much in days.
Me: That’s because I don’t want you telling my business. Why did you tell my business?
E: Huh?
Me: You heard me. Why’d you tell my business to the staff? I told the boss and that’s all I’m obligated to tell.
E: I didn’t say anything to anyone.
Me: Funny, 3 outta 7 people said you did. They all lied?
E: Who said it? Me: It doesn’t matter, keep my shit outta your mouth. It’s my business and I’ll tell who I want.
E: Oh, I think they saw a note on your desk about a doctor’s appointment.
Me: Don’t say shit to me, about me or around me because I know for a fact that that note wasn’t specific and one of those people never even sat here. Now get out.

Bitch STILL hasn’t owned up to it.

What I don’t understand is why a grown ass man or woman feels the need to lie in the first place?  Then try and turn it around like it's on you?  BITCH PLEASE!!

 

 

&

17 comments:

  1. I think if anyone has the answer to that question, they'd be the richest mofo on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why even ask the question in the first place???? Just Talk to the Wall and get the same results. LOLOLOL Funny thing is, you will get the much needed release without the expectation of bullshit being returned to you. I am telling you, it works wonders. LOLOLOL

    Oh yeah, and it works with kids too. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is 9 and he tells those kind of lies...ask him he did what he was told he will immediately say yes..knowing damn well its a lie.
    And I am hoping he doesnt have a lying gene because his dad is one of the biggest liars I have ever met.

    I have heard many ppl say that it is easier to lie because ppl will believe a lie before they believe the truth. You try to tell them the truth they want to argue and think it is a lie, so tell them a lie and they will believe it quicker.

    In some cases that is true, but lies show your character, if you are a big ass liar its gauranteed that you have other character flaws because ppl who tell lies all the time intentionally generally also are sneaky and like to play victim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as being a liar goes, I have always wondered what's the cut off. I mean how many lies do you have to tell before you go from being a "person that lied" to a "Liar" lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have dealings with VERY few ppl simply on the strength of lies and omissions. I can't stand not being able to get a straight answer out of folks, and I can't fuck with people who fuck with shady characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, that work scenario would piss me off too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried that "lie by omission to spare folks' feelings" thing one too many times and had it backfire, so I dont even bother with that anymore. and liars who get caught and STILL lie just give me a serious case of the ass... I've got a daughter that tries that literal mess too. a few choice words usually tightens that shit up real quick! as for the lie CHAMP of the family? I love her, but I stay away from her most of the time. any time you'll lie to the cops to protect the piece of shit you screwin? and the cops KNOW you lyin? you dont even need to be around me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. you TOOO? I thought it was just mine. That joker will find the loophole in anything. If I didn't know any better I'd think his daddy was Johnnie Cochran.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My 1st love was & still is a habitual & pathological liar and a bad one to boot. Still doing the same shit at age 41 he was doing when I met him when he was 18. To quote my mother, he lies "faster than a dog can lick his balls". I honestly think he isn't even aware that he's doing it. The shit just comes too natural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, Ms. Mo... you dont knocked me dead TWICE tonight! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lmao.. I have to use that one. To be honest, I hate liars. I feel like this, if you lie, you cheat, and you will steal. Especially if its a grown ass person then I don't need to be around you. That shows me, that you are very shady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know after witnessing for months on MySpace that my daughter was going by Mrs. Carter...I asked her several times if she was married...LOL The answer was always no Momma..LOL...Well 3 months later I found out the truth...

    I think the lie made me more angrier than the elopement.LOL

    ReplyDelete