Sunday, August 17, 2008

FRIEND APPRECIATION DAY *as deemed by Don1228*

http://don1228.multiply.com/journal/item/697/Friend_Appreciation_Day?replies_read=1

I thought it was a pretty cool idea and I'm jacking it nearly word for word.

Do you have an online friend who you feel deserves special recognition? I want to suggest that we all find a Friend, and not a spouse or current lover, to showcase in our blogs since there doesn't appear to be a Testimonial feature on Multiply. In this way, we all get a chance to "meet" your friend or get to know them better--from your perspective.

======================================================


So, to get things started, I wanted to showcase one of my friends, and one of quite a few of yours: Ms. Mo' Sassi.

I've known Monni for a few years now having first "met" her online through a Yahoo group that she owns and moderates.

She's actually the first online friend of mine to cross over to real life.  No, Mo and I don't talk every day or even every month, but there's never a wrong time for one of us to contact the other, if needed.

 

Mo doesn't judge you by who you are or the things you do and she is an 'as is' kinda girl.  She's not going to tell you one thing and then do another behind your back

I met Mo at a time when girlfriends didn't come easy to me and those of you who I'm close to now have Mo to thank for helping me restore my faith in girlfriendships. (yeah, I made that word up...so? LOL)

Mo is one of the few friends that I will plan extracurricular's with.  I know she's going to have her money, be on time and there will be no BS surrounding it if she's got ANYTHING to do with it.

And she's also one of the extreme few that I will take a trip with.

I have SOOOOO much love and respect for Mo because of the hurdles she's overcome in her life.  She reminds me of the strength I have in myself, even when I have to look for mine sometimes.

I present to you my friend and yours, Ms. Monni B. aka Ms. Mo' Sassi!


===========================================

Who can you showcase today?

 

28 comments:

  1. Outstanding...and we should include "girlfriendships" in our lexicon from now!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea..I have thought about this many times..thanks for the thoughts..I thought about having a friend of the week and I think I will do that...thanks Dee, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, Mo is a blessing to you I see..and she is very beautiful like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww! *princess wave* I'm extremely flattered & at a loss for words (hard to believe I know). I'll be back in a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did ya'll notice that while I look crazy in the pics, this heffa, as always, looks stellar? Pffft LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Tribute And Testament!! Thanks For Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to the tributes that others have for their friends...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dee, this is a beautiful tribute and this is a cool idea... I may have to do one of these myself...

    But I just have one question for you... Does her smile ever change? thats all I wanna know... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!

    Gigi, I done told you, that's my signature smile! (cheeze)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, that is great! Now I want to know mo in person :) (well, I always did, but now I REALLY do) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will share this with you about our friendship. Dee knows she's always welcomed in my home. Many of my blood relatives cannot say the same.

    PS One day, I'm gonna be her step-mother too! LOL Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing how ONE person can change your whole outlook on a certain issue for the better! May your sisterhood forever be BLESSED!

    ReplyDelete
  13. See, I purposely left that part out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ain't that the truth! It's opened a window for me to befriend many wonderful ladies, including you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. actually, I DID notice... whycome your head looks small in that middle pic? You look faboo Ms. Mo!


    *headin for the hills*

    ReplyDelete
  16. uh huh... that's what they all say... *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait'll you see me again realize that this time the ass shrank *shhhh, don't tell Q*

    ReplyDelete
  18. yeah, I remember you sayin that... po Q.... he's gonna be heartbroken, lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, but I can make it up to him now *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I dont think I even wanna touch that... *smh and walkin away*

    ReplyDelete
  21. you dont think I know that? I know a lil sumthin about you, man...

    ReplyDelete