Friday, October 17, 2008

Maybe I'll get to travel for my birthday after all...

As the economy struggles, it may be an opportunity for you to "buy low" on holiday airfare.  Here's what's happening:

1. More and more businesses are beginning to cu
t back on travel as a way of reducing costs during the current economic climate. As a result, business travel is down 10-20% and airlines are trying to fill the void by making leisure airfare prices more attractive.
2. Airline competition is growing more fierce in certain markets and it's forcing some carriers to lower fares.
3. Some airlines are lowering airfares due to cheaper fuel prices.

So, if you've completely abandoned the notion that you'll be able to get a good airfare for the holidays, think again.  Cheap fares are emerging in certain markets and presenting a perfect opportunity to save!  If you're planning to fly during the holidays, use Yapta to track the airfare on various flights as soon as possible.  (It's not too late!)  We'll alert you when the price of these flights drop.  And if you've already booked a flight, use Yapta to protect your price.  We'll alert you when there's an opportunity to save by re-booking at a lower fare.

Thanks!
YAPTA - Your Amazing Personal Travel Assistant

P.S. There's only 15 more days until Yapta's "Track-A-Flight Sweepstakes" expires, so track a flight today to become eligible to win!

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to travel for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dee! Maybe we can go home for Christmas. If not, I won't be able to go until March and I miss my mama, my daughter and my grandson! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, I'm trying to get away for my b-day in 2 weeks. YIKES (I didn't realize it was so soon).

    ReplyDelete