Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime ~ An Annual Post

Are you a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime?

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,

you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON . . .
It is usually to meet a need you have expressed.

They have come to assist you through a difficulty,

to provide you with guidance and support,

to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

They may seem like a godsend, and they are!
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrong doing on your part,

or at an inconvenient time,

this person will say or do something

to bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.

Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met,

our desire fulfilled, their work is done.

The prayer you sent up has been answered.

And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON
it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.

They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.

They may teach you something you have never done.

They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

Believe it! It is real!

But, only for a Season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
Things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.

Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,

and put what you have learned to use

in all other relationships and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life.

 

6 comments:

  1. I hope I am not just here for reason or season. When I call someone a friend, I try to keep that for a lifetime. My best sister-friends I have known since 5th, 7th, and 11th grades and I am still very close with 2 of them and still speak on a semi regular basis with the 3rd one. Friendship means a LOT to me... (((HUGS))) Thanks for being my friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can echo Mzlaydee statements I have known my 3 best friends since elementary school. And we are all still very close after almost 30 years of friendships. We were there for each other through hard times and the good times. We all played football together in high school, we partied with each other, we all went to church together and sang in the choir, We have all helped each other move, we were in all of each others weddings, And we are all godfathers to each others kids. We used to call ourselves the 4 Horsemen in high school. That song that JJ sang in good times with his boys sums it all up. "United We stand, Divided we fall, were tighter than panty hoses two sizes small with Poppo, coolbreeze, JJ and Head were the awsome foursome until we are dead"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that scene!

    I've known people that long, I've just not been close to anyone like that. I've been there for so many people who have let me down when I needed them. I've got a great group of friends now, thanks to the world wide web. I've really developed some sisterfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have friends I've known since Pampers. I have friends from the service that I'm closer to than some family members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend's daughter has her first soccer game Sat. I am gonna be there LOL I remember when we had braces and bad hair and glasses (i still wear em... LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. her son is the age we were when we met! And in the 22 yrs of our friendship, I can count on 1 hand how many arguments I have had with her or her 4 siblings... We are tighter than some of my real family members.

    And my other best friend Shawnna, I have known since 11th grade. She has 3 boys who are my Godsons and my world! I would not trade these friends and the kids for all the tea in China.

    My 3rd best friend I have known since 7th grade. Her little brother had a huge crush on me when he was little. His first girlfriend looked like a mini me! And now she has twin boys that were born the day before my birthday. They will be 5 this yr.

    I am so grateful to have grown up to have 3 non biological sisters... now on the net I have a LOT more friends and an online extended family too! I am truly loved and blessed!

    ReplyDelete